English paper piecing, applique, patchwork & quilting workshops
We specialise in quick and easy techniques for English paper piecing and turned-edge appliqué, as well as covering many other areas of quilt-making. Whether you are a novice or experienced quilter our templates & techniques will assist you to get great results in a time efficient way.
We aim to suit most quilters needs by offering 3 types of workshops…
- Technique Workshops: For quilters wishing to learn a specific technique to add to their skills.
- Studio Sessions: For quilters who want to work on their own projects at their own pace with guidance along the way.
- Pattern Workshops: For quilters who wish to learn while creating one of our quilt designs or projects. Coming soon!
Anyone can do English paper piecing, the concept is quite simple. However, I liken it to house painting, anyone can do it but the finish will be so much better if you’ve been taught the finer points.
Let me show you techniques to achieve beautiful English paper piecing in a time efficient way using my pre-cut heat-sensitive paper templates and learn how to ‘Fussy Cut’ your fabrics to create interest and movement in your piecing.
- Preparing template pieces
- Pressing order and direction
- Quick & accurate Fussy-Cutting technique
- Order of construction
- Tips for achieving invisible hand stitching
Also… Time-Saving Construction Techniques
- Combining English paper piecing with machine piecing
- Appliqueing English paper piecing to a background or border by hand and machine
Duration: Two x 2½ hour classes
Total cost: $85 (Includes heat-sensitive paper templates and acrylic fussy-cutting template)
Please contact the studio for details
Studio Sessions are ideal for quilters who want to work on their own projects at their own pace but with a little guidance along the way.
Let me help you get started on an English paper pieced project of your choice. We have commonly used shapes & sizes in our range of heat-sensitive paper templates that can be used for many designs. You will learn all the things I teach in the English paper piecing Technique Workshop but at your own pace and to suit your project. In addition many other areas of quilt-making will be covered including lots of little tips along the way.
I can help you with a variety of other techniques including various ways to do applique by hand and machine; turned-edge applique using a template, traditional needle-turn applique, broderie perse and clamshells. Also a variety of piecing techniques including hand & machine piecing, foundation paper piecing, crazy patchwork etc.
Studio Session Details
Duration: 2½ hour class
Total cost: $35 per session
Option 1: Wednesday Afternoon, 12 noon – 2.30 pm
Option 2: Wednesday Evening, 7 pm – 9.30 pm
Please view ‘Workshop Information’ on the ‘Terms & Conditions’ page for additional information.